Thursday, November 1, 2012

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

This is the giant tomato plant that sprung up all by itself this year.  It did better than all my tomato plants in the garden combined.  We never intentionally planted this thing, a seed must have been dropped in my flower bed.  I noticed the little plant growing in the bed this Spring and decided to let it go and see what happened.  The thing took over the entire flower bed, most of the steps and the front porch!  We got a ton (not literally, I mean, I know farmers out here measure crops in terms of tons but I'm a city a girl, I mean this figuratively--I have to point that out, ya know?!) of tomatoes from it this Summer and then another big crop this Fall.  It produced huge tomatoes, too, like two-hand-size tomatoes.  It was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment